Stellar Conflicts Back Up

General News
Raygoe
Site Admin

Stellar Conflicts Back Up

Post by Raygoe »

Hello All,

I've restored the Stellar Conflicts domain and website.

We're still in the process of getting everything setup, but welcome back!
Eric Christian
Stellar Conflicts Developer
ombrae

Re: Stellar Conflicts Back Up

Post by ombrae »

I used to play this game pretty often with my friends back in elementary school. I remember it being such a great game, it was a shame the day that I logged in and there wasn't anybody on any more. In fact, I forgot the name for the longest time, and it wasn't until I scoured the internet for the past couple hours that I finally came across it. I am interested in hearing more about this "Stellar Conflicts 2.0" however. What's the status of it? Also, what ever happened to Gecko Games?
Raygoe
Site Admin

Re: Stellar Conflicts Back Up

Post by Raygoe »

I know I already answered you in Discord, but I figured I'd post here too.

So, the old game kind of died a while back around the time that Flash started to go south. KyleD, the original creator, worked on making a javascript version of the game but he didn't really have time to dedicate to it. A friend and I had been remaking it under a different name and when we approached Kyle about it, he gave us a greenlight on the project. I wanted his input since our assets were derivatives of the 2d assets and, by US and Canada copyright law, therefore were ambiguously legal without his consent. We're using the old stellar conflicts as a creative inspiration in re-creating it.

As for gecko games, my understanding is there was some issue with the hosting provider and the domain was lost. I was able to acquire stellar-conflicts.com, but I wasn't able to get the old gecko-games domain before 1&1 sold it to sedo. Unfortunately, many people will probably try to look for gecko-games.com before trying stellar-conflicts.com so I went the route of trying to put enough breadcrumbs on Reddit that anyone who's really looking can find the new project.

We'll see!
Eric Christian
Stellar Conflicts Developer